- Serve extremely marginalized communities who do not receive other types of assistance;
- Provide a range of services to a marginalized community;
- Actively link the community to other services and other kinds of support that already exist in the community;
- Focus on the needs of women and children;
- Empower young adults and children by providing them with opportunities for educational advancement, leadership development, and vocational training; and
- Are nominated by ADF grantees contributing the funds to the Trust.