Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Citizens Associations, Rural Based Business Associations , Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Rural people’s Organizations including Cooperatives, Unit Committees etc.
Organizations must have:
- Official recognition (legally registered, recognition by District Assembly etc)
- Should have been in existence for at least 2years.
- Must show evidence of previously successful projects undertaken
- Must show some cooperation with either the District and Local authorities or other organizations in the area
- Must have appropriate procedures that ensure financial transparency and accountability.
Eligibility of Projects
Proposed project must be:
- already started – funds are not provided to start new projects;
- have a strong community support group;
- improve economic and social conditions at the local level;
- involve a significant contribution in labour, materials or money freely given by members of the local community; and
- Be within the general means of the local community to operate and maintain.